- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years, 9 months ago by ACS Guayaquil.
January 17, 2018 at 8:48 am #20391ACS GuayaquilGuest
Location: Sierra Negra Volcano, Isabela Island, Galapagos, Ecuador
Event: According to the Ecuadorian Geographic Institute, greater seismic activity near the Sierra Negra Volcano indicates that an eruption may occur in the near future. The Ecuadorian Geographic Institute has advised visitors to avoid the crater of the Sierra Negra until further notice, specifically the popular tourist walking path known as Volcan Chico.
Actions to Take:
• Avoid the area of Isabela Island near the Sierra Negra Volcano.
• Monitor local media for updates. The Ecuadorian Geophysical Institute is on Facebook and Twitter.
• Contact your loved ones directly and/or update your social media status to inform people you are safe.
• Contact the U.S. Embassy in Quito or the U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil if you are a U.S. citizen in need of emergency assistance.
· U.S. Embassy Quito, Ecuador
+(593)(2) 398-5000 (after hours)
· U.S. Consulate General Guayaquil, Ecuador
+(593)(4) 371-7000 (after hours)
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Ecuador Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.