March 28, 2016 at 12:42 pm #2343Neil MParticipant
Navigation & Sign up
1) Read through the forum’s rules. There’s nothing worse then accidentally breaking some rules and getting yourself banned from the site.
2) Fill out the registration form and provide some information in order to become a member of the internet forum.
3) On the front page, you should see a list full of sections, usually called “forums”. These should lead to a list of relevant forum topics, and possibly even more sub-forums.
4) Within one of these “forums”, you should see a list of forum topics, each with a thread name and sometimes with a description and “icon”.
1) Start a “Hi, I’m new” topic to the Welcome Forum. This is a great way to get used to features in the forum and to introduce yourself to other users.
2) When you first begin to post, be polite. If you’re respectful to older members, you will earn some respect yourself in due time. You will probably feel intimidated by veteran users at first; this is normal.
3) Be very thoughtful about your posts, and follow all of the rules as you advance in ranks and your reputation becomes better.
4) Spelling and grammar is a thumbs-up for any forum. Using “AOL” speak or “1337 Sp33k” on forums may be hard for some users to read and are very likely to be frowned upon.
5) Have a good time and enjoy the friends you have made and the laughs you have shared in the forum!
6) Try not to belt out your opinions when you are new, especially if the forums are based on politics or religion.
7) Do not spam on the forum.
- The forum ‘How To Use – Read Before Publishing’ is closed to new topics and replies.